SOCSO (Social Security Organization), also known as PERKESO (Pertubuhan Keselamatan Sosial), is a Malaysian government agency that was established to provide social security protections to Malaysian employees under the Employees’ Social Security Act, 1969.
Functions of SOCSO
The functions of SOCSO are as follows:
- Registration of employers and employees
- Collection of contributions from employers and employees
- Payment of benefits to workers and/or their dependents when tragedy strikes
- Provision of physical and vocational rehabilitation benefits
- Promotion of awareness of occupational safety and health