By Julie Goh
Do you always feel like you need that extra supply of coffee to get started at work after a long break? Here are some methods to get yourself back into the work mood.
- Start your day with a healthy breakfast to fuel your body and mind. This helps you feel more alert and energised as you begin your workday.
- Take some time to reflect what you did during the weekend that made you happy and try to carry that positive energy with you as you plan your work and throughout the day
- Set an intention for the day and how you want to feel by the end of the day. Setting a positive intention can help you to stay focused and motivated throughout the day
- Listen to music. Music can help you feel more energised and focused. Choose a playlist that fits your mood and helps you get into the work mindset
- Get creative (if your job allows for it). Being creative helps you feel more engaged and energised
- Get up and move around regularly throughout the day to help combat the feelings of sluggishness and fatigue. A short walk or doing some light stretching exercise to get your blood flowing can help clear your mind and boost your mood. This helps you to feel more focused and energised when you return to your desk
- Make time for socialising. Take a few minutes to catch up with a colleague or have a coffee break with a work friend. This can help you feel more connected and engaged in your work.
- Treat yourself. Reward yourself with a small treat or indulgence to help motivate you throughout the day. Whether it’s a piece of chocolate or a cup of your favourite drink, a little treat can go a long way in boosting your mood and energy