Hope you had a good holiday last few days. Now it’s an interesting time – to prepare the EA and E form submission.
It’s not difficult though, everything was similar to last year. Let us go through it with you step by step. [Updated as of March 2022]
- Firstly, you need to get everyone’s aggregated 2021 payroll data correct. In Kakitangan.com, the system captures the data for form E/EA via 2 places: firstly, the payroll summary you “confirm” every month; and secondly, the payroll->import page that you put in aggregated numbers for your employee PRIOR TO using Kakitangan.com.
For example, If you start using Kakitangan.com in Nov 2021, so you have Nov-Dec 2021 in the Kakitangan.com payroll. But EA form should cover your staff compensation from Jan to Oct 2021. You fill in the aggregated amount of those in Payroll->Import. If you are using Kakitangan.com before 2021? Ah congratulation –you probably do not need to do the aggregated amount thing at all.
2. So, you double check everyone’s 2021 EA form. If they all have no problem, then your form E should be correct too. If there’s any issues, here’s a specific case study on how you fix it:
There’s 2 months I had an RM1000/month allowance but it was set as taxable. I spoke to my tax consultant and confirms that it should be tax-exempted (make sure your tax consultant gives you some black and white). How do I fix it?
As the amount of netpay and tax has been transacted, you need to be very care in amending the payroll. To avoid the mistake, instead of amending the payroll, you go to payroll->import to make adjustment. i.e. for this person’s 2021 aggregated number, you can minus 2000 in the taxable allowance and add 2000 in the tax-exempted allowance there. Keep an offline record on why are you doing that (especially the tax consultant advisory) – in case if LHDN audits you and you forgot the reason. Now, 2021 EA form number of this person should have the numbers that you’re looking for.
If you’ve done the above correctly, you should have EA/E form numbers correct.
[Note: by 1 Mac, you may skip the next step. eg submit CP8D instead of e-data praisi. ]
- Now go to Payroll->Form E page, download the e-Data Praisi file and unzip it. Use the file start with P to submit. By 25 Feb 2022, you are encouraged by LHDN to submit the E-data Praisi. The website is https://ez.hasil.gov.my/CI/ - we attach a few screenshots here to make your life easier.
Login as usual
You may download/print your receipt here:
Form E (C.P.8D)
- You may now send EA form to your colleagues, by email or by print out the hardcopy. Do it in Feb so they can have their tax assessment in March.
- LHDN already opened the actual Form E submission (C.P.8D), it should be very straightforward and work exactly like last year.
- Go to Payroll>Forms>Form E
- Select 2021 as the year, and click "Download CP8D"
You will get 2 text files, one starts with "P" & one starts with "M". Use the text file starts with "P", and get ready to upload it into LHDN website.
This year you might find yourself being directed to a brand new login user interface, login from here
Come to dashboard page, look for e-Filling on the left menu bar
If you previously done e-data praise, then go for that option. Else, use CP8D generated from Kakitangan.com. (see attached below) Get the Pxxxx.txt file out from the zip file.
Following, fill up the form
At the bottom, you can choose whether upload CP8D (to replace with fresh data, may use the zip file you you downloaded from Kakitangan.com), or use the praisi data instead if no changes from there.
Click next (Sterusnya in BM) and you will come to the number of employees reporting page.
Continue filling up more data, you can get the information from Kakitangan.com Form E page...
Then you can fill up your position and digital sign it..
(print draft if needed)
It's done, print the acknowledgement and e-E submission here.
If there’s error in submission, it could be the data too long that breach the limit of fields. (say employee name too long?). You may open the text file and compare to their format description.
Hope it helps. Look forward to your successful submission to LHDN!
But wait... what if you have made submission then only realized you did a mistake? Ok we got you cover on that too!
Basically there are ways to send in your application of amendments:
Step 1: Prepare an application letter for amendments with supporting documents (the earlier acknowledgement on e-filing submission and amended Form E)
Step 2: Send the Record Management & Tax Information Department (in Malay will be Bahagian Pengurusan Rekod dan Maklumat Percukaian, in short BPRM).
You may send via:
a) By hand/post;
b) email to pindaanE&CP8D@hasil.gov.my; or
c) email to Public Relations officer of BPRM
We wish you a smooth submission and all the best!