Hope you had a good holiday last few days. Now it’s an interesting time – to prepare the EA and E form submission.
It’s not difficult though, everything was similar to last year. Let us go through it with you step by step.
- Firstly, you need to get everyone’s aggregated 2019 payroll data correct. In Kakitangan.com, the system captures the data for form E/EA via 2 places: firstly, the payroll summary you “confirm” every month; and secondly, the payroll->import page that you put in aggregated numbers for your employee PRIOR TO using Kakitangan.com.
For example, If you start using Kakitangan.com in Nov 2019, so you have Nov-Dec 2019 in the Kakitangan.com payroll. But EA form should cover your staff compensation from Jan to Oct 2019. You fill in the aggregated amount of those in Payroll->Import. If you are using Kakitangan.com before 2019? Ah congratulation –you probably do not need to do the aggregated amount thing at all.
2. So, you double check everyone’s 2019 EA form. If they all have no problem, then your form E should be correct too. If there’s any issues, here’s a specific case study on how you fix it:
There’s 2 months I had an RM1000/month allowance but it was set as taxable. I spoke to my tax consultant and confirms that it should be tax-exempted (make sure your tax consultant gives you some black and white). How do I fix it?
As the amount of netpay and tax has been transacted, you need to be very care in amending the payroll. To avoid the mistake, instead of amending the payroll, you go to payroll->import to make adjustment. i.e. for this person’s 2019 aggregated number, you can minus 2000 in the taxable allowance and add 2000 in the tax-exempted allowance there. Keep an offline record on why are you doing that (especially the tax consultant advisory) – in case if LHDN audits you and you forgot the reason. Now, 2019 EA form number of this person should have the numbers that you’re looking for.
If you’ve done the above correctly, you should have EA/E form numbers correct.
[Note: by 1 Mac, you may skip the next step. eg submit CP8D instead of e-data praisi. ]
- Now go to Payroll->Form E page, download the e-Data Praisi file and unzip it. Use the file start with P to submit. By 25 Feb 2020, you are encouraged by LHDN to submit the E-data Praisi. The website is https://ez.hasil.gov.my/CI/ - we attach a few screenshots here to make your life easier.
You may download/print your receipt here:
- You may now send EA form to your colleagues, by email or by print out the hardcopy. Do it in Feb so they can have their tax assessment in March.
- LHDN will open the actual Form E submission (CP8D) at 1 Mar 2020, it should be very straightforward and work exactly like last year.
If you previously done e-data praise, then go for that option. Else, use CP8D generated from Kakitangan.com. (see attached below) Get the Pxxxx.txt file out from the zip file.
Now, fill up the form below (CP8D layout of 2019).
Click the blue line “Maklumat Bilangan Perkerja……” to upload the zip file you downloaded from Kakitangan.com.
Continue form filling…
Print draft and sign…
Print the acknowledgement and e-E submission here.
If there’s error in submission, it could be the data too long that breach the limit of fields. (say employee name too long?). You may open the text file and compare to their format description.
Hope it helps. Look forward to your successful submission to LHDN!
how to setup Kakitangan.com so you can automate the max for your payroll and people operation /onboarding-your-company-to-kakitangan-com-for-the-first-time/