First time using our Claims module? Here is the complete guide for you, consists of three parts :
Go to Claims tab, click Settings.
The first setting is for you to setup claims admins, feel free to add more admins and there are no limits to it.
Claims admin can approve/reject/remove claims on behalf of managers, configure claims settings, and apply claims on behalf of employees.
By default, the status is inactive and this is normal, because the default approving workflow would be: All claims submitted to be approved/rejected by manager.
Claims admin has the permission to perform those actions as well but claims admin will not be receiving the email to approve/reject it. If your company has a different approving workflow, for example, manager to approve the claims first > claims admin to approve the claims second > finally to be approved by CEO, then feel free to email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your company's workflow and we will help to customize it for you. Only after we customize it for you, then the status will change from inactive to active.
By ticking this setting, an email will be sent to the manager once a claim has been submitted. Companies with a lot of employees would usually turn this setting off, because the manager would be flooded with too many claims submission emails.
If employees are required to submit an attachment when submitting a claims, do tick this setting.
This will only affect claims' limit that is set in Categories and not payroll.
Here is where you can setup claims categories. Use the pencil icon to edit the name of the category or description and rubbish bin icon to remove it. On the right, you can set the limit for each category by Transaction, Monthly and Yearly for your employees, for example, if you set RM200 for monthly limit, it would mean that every month, each employee's limit for that category is limited to RM200. Once that limit is reached, the employee will not be able to submit claims from that category. You may also disable that category if it is not applicable to your company.
Use Add, to create a new category.
If specific employee(s)/group(s)/department(s) have different limits than others, you can setup the limit here.
You can change the currency symbol of claims and this is only applicable to claims module. It will apply to all claims and not just specific claims submitted.
In the Claims List, if you wish to also view terminated employees' claims, feel free to enable it here.
If your company practices mileage claims, select the category that is applicable to this and add the rate per km and click + to add it. When employees submit a claim that is applicable to mileage claims, they can key in the km travelled and our system will calculate the amount automatically.
Go to Claims tab and click New Claim at Claims List
Select and key in all the details and click Submit Claim. After the claims is successfully submitted, an email will be sent to the manager to approve or reject the claims.
After a claim has been submitted, it will appear in the Claims List.
- There are 3 buttons to be actioned upon, approve, reject, or delete.
- If the claim is being rejected, the manager or claims admin would need to write down the reason(s).
- At the bottom of the claims list, there is a scroll bar, scroll right to view more details of the claim, including attachments.
- After you have approved a claim, Settle claim will appear.
- Click at Settle claim after you have made payment of the claim and select the method that you used to make the payment.
- After you have selected the method, it will be recorded. If wish to undo the action click Undo payment.
You can filter the claims that you wish to view, by filtering via:
- Name of the employee
- Claim's categories
- Claim's status (pending/approved/rejected/paid)
After you have filtered it based on the criterias that you wish to view, click at the filter data button that is next to All claims to re-generate the list.
Right below Name of employee, you can turn on the setting to only display the claims that are pending your approval as well.
On the right of filter data, you can choose to a) export out the claims list into an excel file b) generate a bank pay file to make payment, the banks currently available are CIMB, M2U Bulk, and HSBCnet Bulk.
In the Claims List, you can select each of the claims and at the bottom of the page, you can choose to a) Approve Selected Claims b) Reject Selected Claims c) Download Claims Attachments (this will be sent to your email address).
Linking Claims to Payroll
- Go to Payroll tab and go to Settings.
- In the page, look for Auto-link claims with payroll and tick this setting.
After you have performed these 2 steps, linking claims to payroll is done.
To make payment via payroll for claims:
- In Claims List, approve all the claims that is supposed to be included in this month's payroll.
- Go to payroll calculator and click Calculate
- After step 2, the sum of all the claims approved should appear at Claims under Additional earnings.
- Click View Report at the bottom of the page.
- In the Payroll Summary report, Click Confirm amount to finalize the payroll.
- After step 5 is done, the status of the claims in Claims List will change to Paid with Payroll.
If you encounter any issues when linking claims to payroll, please feel free to email to email@example.com and we will assist you on this.
Hope it helps!